26 tháng 11, 2012

The feeling about Kim Quan {The Warm Winter Campaign}

My friends, have you set your foot on a poor land before? Have you felt the cold winer in there? Have you seen the children with no hat, no shirt, no shoes, gathered and sitting around the fire, stand close to each other but still shivering, with gray face and tears on cheeks, because the cold air was under 10oC? Please image the pale child, huddled with chapped face, cold hands as if to freeze in the cold wind still rushing back into the hearts dumbfounded…. 
"The Warm Winter Campaign has been launched for a long time. Although I understood quite clearly about the meaning of “Warm Winter” and also be the one who write some notes about Kim Quan to call for donations, I was not very interested in this campaign. My mother said: Do it, daughter, It is very good thing to do”. So, I always kept in my mind that: "I'm making good actions" without understanding how it is good, or what the true meaning of what I am doing is…

Until...
Going to Kim Quan, Yen Son, Tuyen Quang - the place where we will hold the program, my feelings have changed. Starting from Hanoi, passing nearly 200 kilometers, about 30 km of all was very small road.
Going on this trip, we were required to take photos of people and scenery there to make the material for the campaign. So, during the time on motorbike, I focused on finding the houses and the people which seem poor and in difficulty to take photos. But about 30 minutes later, I was really confused when realizing that the level of the slums and poor houses is continuous increasing. It made me anxiety, I did not know whether this is in the ends of the Kim Quan or not, and how many slums and poor houses will appear on the next road. I wondered what I should take photos of, because, in fact, there are so many houses that make people motivated. The house was thatch, beige ground, not even airtight. The roof and the walls were separated by a quite big gap, and I bet if it rain, the whole house will get wet.

When I lost feeling of my legs, we reached the municipal office. The municipal office was sketchy and simple. It had only few tables and chairs, a little merit in the wall, a small cupboard, a pedestal, and nothing more. The party secretary picking us was very gentle and helpful. He guided us and worked with us very carefully and meticulously...
Near the municipal is the school. We got in school to make clear about the students’ conditions here. It was winter, it was very cold, we had to wear coats with many warm clothes but the students were still in shirts and slacks. They stood holding each other and glanced curiously at us. A moment later, realizing that we were so friendly, they came close to us, played and let me took pictures. Looking at their innocent smile and lovely faces, I had a strange feeling…

In the afternoon, we went on for fact. The road was more and more horrible than It was in the morning. It was not only crooked but tiny. It was not only small but also very muddy. The road was just enough for a motorcycle. Exactly, it was only enough for one wheel. It even did not have electricity here. Housing was also sketchy. Getting into the house, I got choked because that was too needy. I did not see anything but a table, two small chairs and a bed, which is also tiny. The old man in the house was very cheerfully, he brought all of merit during the war showed "the staff". “Look at this, “the staff”, I were leading 12 people in the war, they call it “a squad”, you know this?” People in Kim Quan were innocent and carefree life, they probably did not know that they were living in deprivation; they probably never have accessed to the full amenities of modern life, so they did not know that they missing ... Or maybe I'm thinking too much.

Continue going into the more remote areas of the commune, My feelings was really change along the way. I saw many huts or tents, or something else (I don’t know exactly) for drying cassava. People were working hard, with thin and old clothes, and did not have shoes. They were very busy. I also saw 3 kids sitting on land, with barefoot, thin shirt and beside them, an old women was looking them playing and laughing. She was also barefoot and was wearing a uniform that nearly be worn out. I took photos; and all the four people looked at me curiously.

Suddenly I felt tingling in my heart. I feel mercy, really. During the travel, I kept continuous shooting anything I see, because I thought that all of these scenes would be the most strong evidence for the difficulty here, and also be the most compelling and important materials to get people to sympathize and support us. Honestly, his trip has taught me a lot of things: That not everyone is as lucky as me: Not everyone has enough food and clothing daily like me: Not everyone is fully educated like me. There are many people have to suffer difficult condition. They live in deprivation. They live with the harsh cold of winter. They must adapt to survive. They are innocent. And they were miserable, too ...

After the trip, I completely understand the true meaning of the campaign “Warm Winter” and the meanings of our donations. We're going to donate old clothes, old blankets, old towels, etc. for people in Kim Quan. To us, it's just unimportant things. But to them - the people of Kim Quan - that is the grateful gift - a gift filled with love and hearts of all the children of the country. We think we gave them old clothes, old blankets… but in fact, we brought to them a warm winter, which can help them feel happy, give them the motivation to live better. We think that we only did something simple, but in fact, what we did for them is really miracle.
Let's come together, my friends, your simple action in this campaign is a great gift for the poor people in Kim Quan!!!

Thank you for reading.

If you want to contribute to the “warm winter” campaign, please contact me: Cao Thi The Anh. SDT: 01629454758 or Nguyen Duc Vinh: 0977194999.
We invite you to join with us to help children in high-poverty areas. Just a little thing you do, you can save the life of a human being ♥

By The Anh. The deputy of volunteer group 5: Kim Quan, Yen Son, Tuyen Quang


1. Kim Quan is one of the communes of Safe Zone, Tan Trao, Yen Son, Chiem Hoa - Tuyen Quang.

2. Group 5 to Kim Quan is one of the six Groups joining “Warm Winter” campaign . Like Kim Quan (YS- Tuyen Quang), Phuong Mao (Thanh Thuy-PT); Trung Son, Nga Hoang (Yen Lap - PT); Thach Kiet (Tan Son-PT) and Kha Cuu (Thanh Son-PT) is also very important to your heart.

Details about the campaign here: http://muadongamphutho.blogspot.com/;

3. Contact the Organization of the campaign: sinhvienphutho@gmail.com; Hong Quan (The leader) 0987 860 693.














2 nhận xét:

  1. We invite you to join with us to help children in high-poverty areas. Just a little thing you do, you can save the life of a human being ♥
    http://muadongamphutho.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-feeling-about-kim-quan-warm-winter.html

    Trả lờiXóa
  2. Thật hạnh phúc với những gì cuộc đời đã cho tôi...Niềm vui nỗi buồn,sẽ mãi mãi trong tôi những kỷ niệm khó phai^^

    Trả lờiXóa